Acorn Squash and Sweet Potato Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
105.8 calories, 0.8 g fat, 20.9 g carbs, 4.7 g protein, 435 sodium, 2.1 g dietary fiber, 6.3% CFF
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, pared and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 1 small acorn squash, quartered, seeded, pared (about 4 cups)
- 13 3/4 oz chicken broth, vegetarian
- 4 to 6 tbsp nonfat milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream (optional)
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
1. Saute onion in broth or water in lg.
2. Saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 6 min Add potatoes, squash and broth.
3. Simmer, covered, until veggies are tender, about 25 min Cool slightly.
4. Working in batches, place the veggies with their liquid in food processor.
5. Whirl until pureed.
6. Return the puree to the saucepan.
7. Stir in the nonfat milk for desired consistency.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Heat over low heat.
10. Top each serving with dollop of nonfat sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.