Cold Pumpkin Souffle Recipe
Per Serving: 227 calories, 3 g protein, 20 g car, 15 g fat, 54 mg cholestrp;, 164 mg sodium.
Instructions:1. Have a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish or 2- to 3- quart serving bowl ready.
2. If using souffle dish, tear off a piece of foil or waxed paper 4 inches longer than the circumference of the souffle dish. Fold in thirds lengthwise.
2. Fit around outside of dish with 2-inch collar extending above the dish.
3. Fasten overlapping ends to each other with cellophane tape or paper clips.
4. Beat cream in a large bowl with electric mixer just until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
5. Put 1/2 cup pumpkin-pie filling in a small saucepan.
6. Stir in gelatin.
7. Place over low heat and stir 3 to 4 minutes until almost boiling and gelatin is completely disolved.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Put remaining pumpkin-pie filling in a large bowl.
10. Stir in hot gelatin mixture then bourbon and 1/2-cup whipped cream.
11. Fold in remaining whipped cream until blended.
12. Pour into prepared dish or serving bowl.
13. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
14 Before serving, remove collar.
15. Spread top of souffle with whipped cream.
16. Score lightly with knife and sprinkle with cinnamon.
17. Press nuts into sides of souffle or if serving from a bowl, sprinkle over whipped cream.
18. Garnish with lightly sweetened whipped cream, chopped pistachio nuts, ground cinnamon.
19. This dish can be made up to 2 days ahead.