Curried Sweet Potato Squares with Peanut Phyllo Crust Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven 1 1/2 hours, or until very soft.
3. Sco op flesh into a bowl and beat in remaining filling ingredients with salt to taste.
4. Filling may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 425øF.
6. In a small bowl stir together butter and curry powder.
7. Put 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface with long side facing you.
8. Brush left half of phyllo with some c urry butter and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon peanuts.
9. Fold plain half over and fold in each end to make an 8-inch square.
10. Brush top with curry butter and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon peanuts.
11. Arrange phyllo in an 8-inch square baking pan.
12. Fold butter, and sprinkle 2 more phyllo sheets in same manner, arranging them in baking pan as prepared.
13. Spread filling on bottom crust.
14. Fold butter, and sprinkle remaining 3 phyllo sheets in same manner, arranging over filling to form top crust and inverting last sheet so that folded-over phyllo is on underside.
15. Bake sweet potato mixture in middle of oven 20 minutes, or until crust is flaky and golden, and cut into squares.