Gory Gorilla Tonsils Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash the Brussels sprouts and remove any discolored leaves.
2. Trim off the stem ends and cut an X into the bottom of each sprout to make sure your tonsils cook nice and tender.
3. Place the sprouts in a pot containing about 2 inches of water and sprinkle with the salt.
4. Cover the pot and cook over medium heat until boiling.
5. After 8 to 10 minutes, carefully stab a few sprouts with a fork to see if they're tender.
6. When you can easily pierce them through to their centers, remove the pot from the heat and carefully drain the sprouts in a colander.
7. Place the grated cheese in a small saucepan and add the milk.
8. Simmer over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the cheese melts.
9. Remove the saucepan from the heat as soon as the cheese melts.
10. Arrange a bed of washed lettuce leaves on a platter.
11. Place the gorilla tonsils, in pairs, on the leaves.
12. Drizzle the melted cheese over the tonsils.
13. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.