Baked Beans, Upstate New York Style Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash beans.
2. Mix beans and water in saucepan or Dutch oven.
3. Bring beans to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour, or, if you prefer, soak beans overnight.
5. Add remaining ingredients.
6. Cover and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Bake for 1 hour.
10. Uncover and continue baking an additional hour or more until top begins to brown.