Asparagus Vichyssoise Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 2 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 3 1/4 cup water, divided
- 2 large potatoes (1 lb), peeled and diced
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
1. Clean asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. Combine asparagus and 1/4 cup water in a 3-quart casserole.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, turn back one corner to vent and microwave on High for 5 min. Let stand 3 min add remaining 3 cups water, potatoes and bouillon granules to asparagus mixture.
4. Cover with plastic and vent.
5. Microwave at High for 10 min, stirring once.
6. Reduce power to medium and microwave 15 to 18 min. Let mixture cool slightly.
7. Pour about 1/3 of mixture into processor and process until smooth.
8. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
9. Repeat procedure with remaining asparagus mixture.
10. Stir in milk, salt and pepper.
11. Cover and chill about 8 hours.
12. Stir well before serving.
13. Garnish with lemon rind strips.