Shoo-Fly Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
3. In medium size mixing bowl, combine corn syrup, molasses and water; stir in baking soda.
4. Beat a little of the molasses mixture into lightly beaten egg, stir this back into the mixing bowl.
5. With pastry blender, mix together flour, shortening and brown sugar until it is the texture of coarse crumbs.
6. Take 1 cup of the crumb mixture and mix it into the molasses mixture, then pour into unbaked pie shell.
7. Scatter remaining crumbs on top.
8. Bake in 400-degree oven for 25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and filling is puffy.
9. Remove from oven, let cool to room temperature before cutting.
10. Top with whipped cream.