Alaska Matelote Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
290 kcals per serving.
- 1 lb canned pink alaska salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry cider
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 oz peeled prawns
- 6 oz mussels in brine
- 3/4 lb skate or monkfish
- 2 oz baby mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 4 tbsp vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper
1. Drain can of salmon.
2. Make juice up to 1 cup with water for fish stock.
3. Break fish into large chunks.
4. Heat the oil.
5. Gently fry spring onions and garlic.
6. Stir in flour.
7. Add the fish and vegetable stocks and cider.
8. Mix well.
9. Stir in basil and lemon juice.
10. Bring to the boil.
11. Add prawns, mussels and white fish.
12. Simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Cook mushrooms and onion in salt water.
14. Drain and set aside.
15. Stir salmon into soup.
16. Heat through.
17. Serve garnished with mushrooms and onions.