Broiled Cod with Puffy Cheese Sauce Recipe
Instructions:1. Allow cod to stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
2. Cut semi-defrosted fillets into 8 portions of 6 to 7 ounces each.
3. Place on greased boiler pan.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil 8 to 10 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness.
5. Do not turn.
6. While fish is broiling, mix mayonnaise, cheese, sweet pickle, parsley, thyme and cayenne pepper.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mayonnaise-cheese mixture.
8. Spread sauce on each cooked fish portion on broilerproof platter and place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until sauce is puffed and browned.