Baked Cod Livornese Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a 10 inch skillet heat oil; add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 1 min. 3. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are just tender, about 2 min; add wine and bring to a boil.
4. Add tomatoes and seasonings and cook, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens, about 2 min.
5. In a shallow 1 quart flameproof casserole arrange fillets and top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese and bake until fish flakes easily at the touch of a fork, 15 to 20 min.
6. Using a slotted pancake turner, carefully remove fish from casserole to serving platter; keep fish warm.
7. Place casserole over medium heat and cook remaining pan juices until reduced and thickened, about 2 min; pour over fish and sprinkle with parsley.
8. Pour remaining pan juices into a small sauce pan to reduce and thicken on stove.