Bacalhau 'a Bras' (Portuguese Salt Cod with Potatoes) Recipe
Instructions:1. Soak the cod fish at least overnight, longer if possible.
2. Carefully remove bones and pieces of skin.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes in long, thick match sticks.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the garlic cloves and fry till golden.
5. Discard the garlic.
6. Stir-fry the flaked cod.
7. Add the potato sticks, previously lightly fried in another skillet.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Let cook for a while over a low fire and meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl.
10. Scramble over the cod and potatoes and let cook till everything is set together, Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, decorate with black olives, and serve surrounded by lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
Bacalhau 'a Lisbonense':
In the same skillet you first fried the potato sticks lightly fry 2 medium onions finely sliced. Add to the main skillet when you add the potatoes.