Boston Chowder Recipe
Instructions:1. In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Cook onion until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in flour to coat onion.
4. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute without browning. Stir in water, potatoes, carrot, salt, pepper, savory and thyme.
5. Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Pour in milk; return just to a gentle boil.
7. Immediately remove from heat.
8. Add clams.
9. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning.