Instructions:1. Place fish in a glass of china dish.
2. In another bowl, combine 2 cups of water, the lime juice, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp scallions.
3. Pour the marinade over the fish, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Drain the fish and discard the marinade.
5. Place the remaining scallions, garlic, chili peppers, and parsley into a heavy pot (preferable cast iron).
6. With a wooden spoon, mash the mixture to extract the juices.
7. Add the remaining 3 cups of water, allspice berries, and thyme.
8. Cover the pot and place on high heat.
9. Bring to a boil.
10. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
11. Add remaining 1/2 tsp salt and the fish to the broth.
12. Cover and bring to boil again.
13. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
14. With a slotted spoon, transfer the fish onto heated dinner plates.
15. Boil the liquid on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes and spoon over the fish.
16. Garnish with lime quarters.