Basil's Crab Cakes, Louisiana-Style Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine crab meat and shrimp in a bowl.
2. Add peppers and scallions; mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Add mustard, salt, pepper, Cajun spice and garlic mayonnaise; stir.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, mixing until thoroughly blended.
5. Shape mixture into 8 patties, each about 3 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
6. Sprinkle both sides with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
7. Heat oil in a skillet until very hot.
8. Add crab cakes and saute on both sides until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
9. Bake crab cakes in a preheated 400-degree oven until crisp, about 5 minutes.
10. Spoon 1/4 cup Champagne sauce on each of 8 serving plates.
11. Place a crab cake on each plate.
12. Garnish with green olives and chopped tomatoes, if desired.