Baked Clams with Tasso Gratinee with Saffron Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees In a hot saute pan, render the tasso for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Add the bread crumbs, Essence and cheese to the rendered tasso, mix thoroughly.
4. Season the clams with salt and pepper.
5. Top each clam with 1 tablespoon tasso crust.
6. Place the clams on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
7. For the Sabayon: In a mixing owl, whisk eggs, lemon juice and saffron together.
8. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water and whisk until pale in colour and thick.
9. The sauce will leave a ribbon like trace, about 5 minutes.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Remove clams from oven.
12. Place the clams on a platter and drizzle with sabayon.
13. Garnish with chives and peppers.