Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat egg yolks and milk until well blended.
3. Add flour, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt; beat ingredients until just mixed.
4. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
5. Divide dough in half.
6. On floured pastry cloth, with lightly floured stockinette-covered rolling pin, roll one dough half 1/8-inch thick.
7. With 2 1/4-inch fluted-edged cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds; with 1/2-inch round cutter, cut out centers from half of rounds.
8. Reserve the dough scraps.
9. Using a pancake turner, place rounds 1/2-inch apart on un-greased cookie sheets; bake at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
10. With pancake turner, remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
11. Repeat cutting and baking with second half of dough, rerolling scraps.
12. Prepare frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, place all frosting ingredients (except food coloring) and beat at low speed for 2 minutes.
13. Scrape sides of bowl and continue beating at high speed for 6 minutes.
14. Divide frosting into thirds and tint with food color.
15. On bottom side of cookie without a hole, spread teaspoonful of either green, pink or yellow frosting; top with a cookie with a hole in it to make a 'sandwich'.
16. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.