Salpores De Arroz Recipe
Instructions:1. Grind cinnamon stick in spice grinder until fine.
2. Set aside.
3. Place rice flour in large bowl.
4. Make well in center and add cinnamon, sugar, shortening, salt, baking powder, baking soda and eggs.
5. Stir to mix.
6. Slowly add enough milk to make soft dough that will come together in ball, resembling tortilla masa. It is easiest to get texture right if you mix with your hands.
7. Form dough into 16 balls.
8. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
9. Press each down with 2 fingers, laid flat to make 2 ridges in dough.
10. Sprinkle with pink sugar.
11. Bake at 350 F until well browned, about 18 to 20 minutes.