Honey-Glazed Turkey for Smoker Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash turkey, remove giblets and neck and pat dry.
2. Melt butter, remove from heat and stir in wine, honey and cinnamon.
3. Cut several small slits in meat and inject 1/2 of the mixture into meat with a baster or use a large syringe.
4. Brush remaining 1/2 of mixture over turkey.
5. If mixture is not injected, brush all of the mixture on turkey and baste with mixture twice during cooking.
6. Insert a meat thermometer for determining doneness and place turkey on smoker grid to water-smoke.
7. Charcoal: Use 15 lbs charcoal, 8 quarts hot water, 3-4 wood sticks and smoke 6-8 hours.
Electric: Use 4 quarts hot water, 3-4 wood sticks and smoke 6-8 hours.
Gas: Use 4 quarts hot water, 3-4 wood sticks and smoke 6-8 hours.
8. If using a meat thermometer, 185 degrees is done. On both the electric and gas smokers, another 4 quarts of hot water will need to be added after 4 hours of smoking.