Herbed Turkey and Dressing Recipe
Instructions:1. In a pan, bring broth, butter and salt to a boil.
2. Add herbs; set aside.
3. Toast bread; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. Place in a bowl.
5. In a skillet, brown sausage; remove with slotted spoon and add to bread.
6. Add butter to drippings; saute celery, carrots, mushrooms, ham and onions for 15 minutes. Add to bread mixture; stir in next eight ingredients.
7. Add eggs and 3/4 cup basting sauce; mix lightly.
8. Stuff turkey with about 8 cups dressing.
9. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together.
10. Place on rack in roasting pan.
11. Baste with some of remaining basting sauce.
12. Bake, uncovered at 325 F for 5 to 5 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 185 F, basting every 30 minutes. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with foil.
13. Add broth to remaining dressing; mix lightly.
14. Place in a greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish; chill.
15. Cover and bake at 325 F for 1 hour; uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.