Herb Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Each serving (3 ounces turkey and 1/4 cup gravy) provides: 3 protein, 1/4 vegetable exchanges.
Per Serving: 159 calories, 25 g protein, 4 g fat, 3 g carbohydrates, 114 mg sodium, 65 mg cholestrol.
Instructions:1. To reconstitute mushrooms, cover 1/2 ounce dried sliced mushrooms with 1 1/2 cups warm water. Let stand 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325 F.
3. Remove turkey giblets and neck from body cavities.
4. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
5. Starting at neck, using your fingers, gently loosen skin over entire breast.
6. Place thyme and rosemary sprigs at even intervals under skin; pat skin back in place.
7. Place onion and lemon peel in body cavity.
8. Place turkey breast-side up on rack in roasting pan.
9. Roast turkey 3 1/2-4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in fleshy part of inner thigh (not touching bone) reaches 180 F Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
10. Remove skin before eating.
11. Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, pour pan drippings into a 2-cup measure; let stand 5 minutes.
12. Skim off and discard fat; pour remaining liquid into small saucepan.
13. Add mushrooms and 1 cup mushroom liquid, broth, wine, potato starch, chives, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
14. Simmer 2 minutes.
15. Serve with turkey.