Creamed Turkey with Pastry Pillows Recipe
Instructions:1. Let one 17 ounce package frozen puff pastry stand at room temperature 20 minutes to thaw slightly.
2. Preheat oven to 350'F.
3. Unfold one sheet of pastry; cut along fold lines to make three 10x3" rectangles; cut each rectangle crosswise into 3 pieces.
4. Place pastry pieces on large cookie sheet.
5. Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
7. With pancake turner, remove pastries from cookie sheet to wire racks to cool.
8. Meanwhile, in 10" skillet over medium heat, heat sausages and water to boiling.
9. Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
10. Remove cover; continue cooking, turning sausages frequently, until water evaporates and sausages are well browned, about 20 minutes.
11. Remove sausages to paper towels to drain.
12. Thinly slice sausages.
13. Cut turkey meat into bite-sized chunks; set aside. (Reserve turkey bones for soup another day.)
14. In 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over medium heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook onions and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
15. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and bouillon until blended; cook 1 minute.
16. Gradually stir in milk and sherry until smooth; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens slightly and boils.
17. Add turkey meat and sausage to cream sauce in Dutch oven; heat through.
18. To serve, spoon turkey mixture into large chafing dish.
19. Garnish with parsley.
20. Split each pastry pillow horizontally in half.
21. Let each person spoon some creamed turkey over pastry.