Char-Broiled Turkey Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat charcoal grill to medium heat with most of coals on end opposite where turkey will be sitting directly over.
2. Wash and rinse turkey, removing giblets.
3. Dry with absorbent towels, and season inside of turkey with salt and pepper.
4. Rub outside of bird with oil.
5. Stuff with onions, celery, orange, apple, 2 limes and the 1 lemon quartered.
6. Completely fill cavities to keep turkey moist.
7. Melt butter in roasting pan, add water and sliced lemon (add more lemon juice if desired).
8. Cover turkey tightly (crimp edges) with aluminum foil, and cook over grill for 4 to 6 hours, removing foil and adding smoker chips for last hour or so.
9. Alternatively, stuff the bird and then cover with aluminum foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 6-7 hours.