Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
This is a great dish, but should only be attempted by someone who has experience with doing this. It is also expensive due to the large amount of oil needed.
This recipe is NOT recommended for indoor cooking.
Instructions:1. Rinse turkey inside and out.
2. Mix 1 part crab boil concentrate to 4 parts water.
3. Combine dry ingredients with crab boil solution.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Inject turkey (approximately 2" apart) with mixture using syringe (available from gourmet kitchen stores.
6. Cover turkey with foil and refrigerate over night.
7. Heat oil to 350. Use a grease thermometer to monitor the oil. It may ignite if the temperature goes beyond 375~.
8. Put turkey in basket and CAREFULLY lower it into the pot.
9. Cook 5 minutes per pound. Check in 1 hour using a meat thermometer.