Hot Hoppin' John Salad Recipe
Instructions:1. Cook ham, 1/2 cup onion, and garlic in oil until lightly browned.
2. Stir in rice, peas, hot sauce, pepper and salt.
3. Cook until thoroughly heated.
4. Place bacon in large skillet; cook until crisp; set aside.
5. Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
6. Add cabbage and remaining onion; stir-fry until tender-crisp.
7. Spoon onto large platter.
8. Ladle rice mixture into center of cabbage; crumble bacon over top of salad.
9. Serve hot or at room temperature.