Buttermilk Cider Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Place chicken in single layer in glass baking dish.
2. Pour buttermilk over.
3. Turn chicken to coat.
4. Cover; chill overnight.
5. Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
6. Add apples and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer apples to bowl.
8. Add cider to same skillet.
9. Boil until cider is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes.
10. Add broth and cream.
11. Boil until liquid is reduced to sauce consistency, about 15 minutes. (Apples and sauce can be made 1 day ahead; cover separetely and refrigerate.
12. Drain chicken.
13. Place flour in bowl.
14. Season flour generously with salt and pepper.
15. Coat chicken with flour.
16. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
17. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
18. Transfer to plates.
19. Add apples to same skillet and reheat over medium heat.
20. Divide among plates.
21. Add sauce to same skillet and reheat.
22. Stir in chives.
23. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
24. Pour sauce over chicken.
25. Sprinkle with pecans.