Buttermilk Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash chicken breasts remove skin and visible fat, leaving the bone.
2. Pat dry with paper towel.
3. Pour buttermilk in shallow bowl.
4. In second bowl, mix flour, pepper and salt.
5. Put skillet on high heat and add canola oil about 1/2" deep.
6. Dip each breast in the buttermilk, making sure it is completely coated.
7. Dip in the bowl off flour, turning to thoroughly coat both sides.
8. Shake each piece to remove loose flour.
9. Place chicken in the hot oil, flesh side down.
10. When skillet is full, turn heat down to medium and let chicken fry until just golden brown and crispy, then turn and let second side get golden.
11. Be careful when turning not to break the buttermilk crust.
12. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 25 minutes.
13. Check to make sure heat is not too high and chicken does not brown to fast.
14. Remove lid and turn pieces over once more.
15. Turn heat up-but not too high-- and cook a few minutes longer until crust is crisped.
16. If crust on the sides of the breast is still soft and mushy, turn those pieces on their side in the oil for a minute or two so they can fry up crisp.