Apricot Chicken Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4 to 6.
Chicken embalmed in apricot nectar -- it is very simple and tastes wonderful.
- 2 lb chicken pieces
- 1 pk French Onion Soup mix (should make 6 cups soup)
- 2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 1/2 lb apricot halves (canned)
- Flour (plain)
1. Dust chicken in flour.
2. Fry chicken lightly until starting to brown.
3. Place chicken in a casserole dish or a very deep frying pan.
4. Add soup powder, nectar and apricots. If you cannot get nectar, then use the juice from the apricot halves.
5. Mix everything well.
6. Simmer for 1 hour.
7. Serve with potato (baked or boiled), buttered carrots and peas.