Barbecued Brisket Recipe
Instructions:1. Trim excess fat from brisket and place fat side up in a roasting pan.
2. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Place onion slices over meat.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Combine 1 1/2 cups water, tomato sauce, chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, butter, lemon juice, white vinegar, chili powder, garlic and hot sauce; pour over brisket.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2 hours or until tender, spooning sauce over brisket occasionally.
7. Transfer brisket to serving platter and pan juices to a saucepan.
8. Combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup water.
9. Gradually add to pan juices, stirring constantly.
10. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
11. Serve with brisket.