Barbecued Brisket Recipe
Instructions:1. Generously season the brisket with the Head Country Seasoning. Leave the fat cap intact and season it as well.
2. Let marinate a minumum of one hour, but preferably overnight.
3. Build a fire with good quality charcoal and well seasoned pecan wood.
4. Let burn at least 30 minutes to burn off the lighter fluid fumes and start a good bed of coals.
5. Place brisket away from direct heat and cook 3 hours at 250 degrees.
6. After 3 hours, wrap brisket securely in heavy aluminum foil.
9. Baste with Head Country barbecue sauce.
10. Continue cooking for an additional 3 hours at approximately 325 to 350 degrees to tenderize until thermometer registers an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
11. To serve, remove fat cap and slice across the grain for the tenderest portions.
12. Serve with Head Country barbecue sauce.