Barbecued Brisket of Beef Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine wine, cider, honey, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, coriander and thyme in Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan.
2. Add brisket.
3. Cover tightly and place in oven.
4. Turn oven to 350F and cook 1 hour.
5. Remove brisket from cooking liquid, cover and set aside.
6. Transfer liquid to medium pan and cook over medium heat until reduced to a glaze and thick enough to coat back of spoon.
7. Using covered grill, light about 12 charcoal briquettes and add small piece of mesquite or other wood.
8. Be sure to place charcoal and wood to one side of grill.
9. Arrange brisket on grill so that it is not directly over burning wood.
10. Paint it with some glaze.
11. Place cover on grill and smoke brisket 1 hour, turning meat and coating with glaze every 15 minutes.
12. Add charcoal or wood, small piece at a time, if fire seems to get too cold.
13. Remove from grill, thinly slice meat against grain and serve.
14. Offer any remaining glaze on side.