Barbecue Baked Beef Ribs Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 2. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; place in single layer in a large roasting pan.
3. Roast ribs 1 hour, until nicely browned and some of the fat is rendered, turning once.
4. Transfer ribs to a large plate; drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from pan.
5. To drippings, stir in garlic, carrots and onion.
6. Return to oven and roast 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
8. To vegetables in pan, stir in barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, broth and 1/2 cup water.
9. Return ribs to pan, spooning some sauce over them.
10. Tightly cover with foil.
11. Bake ribs 1 3/4 hours, or until very tender, turning once.
12. Skim fat off surface.
13. Remove 1/2 of ribs and sauce to a microwaveproof container; cool, then freeze for later use.
14. Serve remaining ribs.