Lele Party Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1. Cream butter and sugars.
2. add egg yolk, blend in flour.
3. Roll dough in small balls.
4. Dip into egg white, then into nuts.
5. Bake at 300~F until SLIGHTLY browned, about 20 minutes.
6. Press down in center as soon as removed from oven, leaving indentation.
7. Put jelly in center.
8. Red and green for Christmas.