Sandwiched Mint Surprises Recipe
Instructions:1. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, margarine, half and half, cocoa and vanilla extract.
3. Beat on low speed until well mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
4. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the dough is firm enough to roll.
5. Preheat oven to 375 F; lightly grease cookie sheets.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough to 1/8-inch thick; refrigerate the remaining dough.
7. Cut out with a lightly floured 2-inch round cookie cutter.
8. Dip one side of each dough round in sugar.
9. Place half of the rounds, sugar side down, on the cookie sheets.
10. Place a mint wafer in the center of each dough round.
11. Top each with a second dough round, sugared side up.
12. Press a fork firmly around the edges to seal.
13. Repeat with the remaining dough and mints.
14. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
15. Cool for 1 minute; remove from the cookie sheets.
16. Cool completely.
17. Store tightly covered.