Four Grain English Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. In large mixer bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, yeast, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oats, dry milk, sugar and salt; mix well.
2. In saucepan, heat water and oil until very warm (120-130F). Add to flour mixture.
3. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed . By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to make a firm dough.
4. Knead on floured surface, 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
6. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour. (30 minutes for quick rising yeast). Punch down dough.
7. On surface sprinkled with cornmeal, roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
8. With biscuit or cookie cutter, cut into 3 inch circles.
9. Place muffins on ungreased cookie sheets.
10. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes (15 minutes for quick rising yeast).
11. Bake on lightly oiled electric griddle or fry pan at 325 F for about 8 minutes on each side until deep golden brown. Cool.
12. To serve, split and toast.