Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
1. Place flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in bowl and mix well at low speed.
2. In a separate bowl combine the applesauce, water, oil, and egg whites and beat with a fork to blend.
3. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and mix at medium speed only until all flour is moistened.
4. Grease muffin tins with margarine or line with paper cups.
5. Fill muffin tins 1/2 full and bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes, or until muffins are browned and spring back when touched in the center.
6. Serve hot, if possible.