Glowing Jack-o-lantern Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350~.
2. Cover 3 cookie sheets with foil.
3. Cream butter and sugar.
4. Add egg and vanilla.
5. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Add milk if batter is too stiff.
7. Color all but 1/8 of dough orange and color rest green.
8. Roll 1" balls from the orange dough and flatten with your hand to make a pumpkin shape. If mixture becomes stickey, add a little powdered sugar while chopping.
9. Place on cookie sheets. Roll stems out of the green dough and attach to the top of the " punkin".
10. Carefully cut out wide spaces for the eyes, nose and mouth with a knife.
11. Fill holes in with crushed lemon candy (crush lemon drops in food processor).
12. Bake 8-10 minutes or until done. DO NOT ALLOW TO BROWN.
13. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and carefully peel off foil.