Sugared Fruits Recipe
If fruit is to be eaten, use meringue powder; if not, substitute 3 egg whites for meringue.
Instructions:1. Several hours before use, prepare sugared fruit: Rinse fruit in cool water and gently pat dry on paper towels.
2. In separate small bowls, place sugar and meringue-powder mixture.
3. Holding 1 piece of fruit at a time, with a small pastry brush, paint all sides with meringue-powder mixture.
4. Holding the fruit over the bowl of sugar, sprinkle all sides with sugar until well coated.
5. Place sugared fruit on wire rack over waxed paper and let stand in warm place until sugar dries and hardens.
6. Repeat to coat all pieces.
7. Rinse and dry fingers frequently to remove stickiness.
8. Arrange fruit in a pyramid on a pedestal plate, in a basket, or on a decorative platter.