New Year's Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 60 cookies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 pk active dry yeast
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
1. Dissolve sugar in lukewarm water.
2. Sprinkle yeast over liquid and let rise for 10 minutes.
3. Wash and dry raisins.
4. Combine yeast mixture, raisins and dry ingredients.
5. Beat well and cover.
6. Set in warm place to rise until double in bulk.
7. Drop by spoonfuls into deep hot fat oven, 375 F.
8. Cook until delicately brown.
9. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve at New Year's.