24-Hour Salad Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 oranges
- 1 cup whipping cream
1. Put egg yolks in double boiler on low flame and add vinegar and sugar, beating constantly until thick.
2. Remove from heat, add butter, and cool.
3. Whip cream until peaks form, then fold in egg mixture.
4. To this, add drained pineapple, oranges and marshmallows.
5. Chill for 24 hours.