Eerie Witch's Brew Recipe
A smoking cauldron of punch made with grapes and orange peel masquerading as eyeballs and worms. Allow about 1 1/2 cups for a serving. Caution: Never touch dry ice; use tongs to handle.
Instructions:1. In a 1 to 2-quart pan, bring 1 cup of cranberry juice and candied ginger to a boil over high heat.
2. Boil, uncovered, for about 2 minutes, set aside.
3. With a vegetable peeler, pare orange peel (colored part only); cut peel into thin 2-inch-long worms; or use an Oriental shredder to make long shreds.
4. Add orange peel to cranberry mixture.
5. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight.
6. Juice oranges; put juice in a 6 to 8-quart pan or heavy bowl.
7. Stir in cranberry-ginger mixture, the 3 cups cranberry juice, apple concentrate, limeade, grapes and water.
8. If made ahead, cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
9. Add ginger ale and about a 1-lb piece of dry ice (do not put small pieces in punch or cups); ice should smolder for at least 30 minutes.
10. Ladle into cups.
11. Add any remaining ice when bubbling ceases.