Soured Cream and Mulberry Jam Pie Recipe
You can find mulberry jam at most good delicatessens and supermarkets.
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to a medium heat (300 to 350 F).
2. Mix the flour with the butter and add the lemon zest.
3. Divide the dough into two and place in the refrigerator until cold.
4. Roll out one quantity of dough on a cold surface and line a flan case with it.
5. Place this in the refrigerator, together with the remaining quantity of dough, which will be used later for the lid.
6. Using a large bowl, combine the soured cream and the pecan nuts.
7. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pods and add them to the bowl.
8. Add the ground nutmeg, almond extract, cinnamon and egg yolks.
9. Mix all the ingredients together.
10. Remove the pastry-lined flan case from the refrigerator.
11. Gently spread the jam over the entire surface of the bottom of the flan case.
12. Spread the pecan and soured cream mixture on top of this.
13. Set the flan case aside.
14. Roll out the other piece of pastry on a cold surface.
15. Place it on top of the flan to make a lid; trim the edges.
16. Put the pie in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown and slightly puffy.