Swedish Pancakes with Berry-Cardamom Topping Recipe
1. Blend eggs and 1/3 cup milk in processor until smooth.
2. Add flour, ground cardamom and salt and process until mixture is thick and smooth.
3. With machine running, add remaining 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup half and half and 3 tablespoons melted butter and mix batter until smooth. (Pancake batter can be prepared 8 hours ahead.
4. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
5. Combine raspberries, blackberries, sugar and ground cardamom in medium bowl.
6. Mix together gently.
7. Let mixture stand until berries are juicy, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes. Set aside.
9. Preheat oven to 200°F.
10. Place oven-proof platter in oven.
11. Heat heavy large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
12. Brush griddle with melted butter.
13. Working in batches, add batter to skillet, using 1 tablespoonful for each pancake.
14. Cook until pancakes are brown, about 1 minute per side.
15. Transfer to platter in oven to keep warm.
16. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing with more butter as needed.
17. Place pancakes on plates.
18. Spoon berry topping over and serve.