Cranberry Compote (Vegan) Recipe
This is a versatile dish, delicious warm, cold or at room temperature; with meat, poultry, pancakes, cottage cheese, or yogurt; as an appetizer, condiment, dessert or between-meal snack.
Instructions:1. Cut pears and oranges into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Cut each apricot into 6 pieces.
3. In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring the mixture occasionally.
4. Stir in pears and apricots, reduce the heat, and simmer the fruit in the uncovered pan for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the oranges, and continue simmering the fruit in the uncovered pan for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the cranberries, and cook them over medium heat in the uncovered pan for 5 minutes, stirring the compote occasionally.