European Sour Cream Apple Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. For the crust, blend together butter, maple syrup, cream cheese, egg, orange rind and vanilla.
2. Add flour and baking powder.
3. Roll out crust on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin. This dough is soft.
4. Roll to 1/3-inch thickness.
5. Fit or pat the dough into 7-inch pie plate.
6. Cut apples into 1/8-inch slices and arrange in a circular pattern on dough in pie plate.
7. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
8. Combine sour cream, maple syrup and lemon juice.
9. Spoon over chilled apples.
10. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.