Apple Butter Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 ingredients) and make a well in the center.
2. In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (the next 6 ingredients).
3. Pour wet mixture into the 'well' of the dry ingredients and stir just to combine (10 to 15 strokes).
4. Fold in raisins with as few strokes as possible.
5. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups (if you don't use muffin liners, spray the pan with cooking spray).
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
7. Remove muffin tin to cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin. Do not let muffins cool completely in the tin.