Apple Butter-Streusel Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 30 muffins
- Vegetable cooking spray (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp margarine, melted
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line 30 mini-muffin pan cups or 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners, or spray bottoms only wtih cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
3. In small bowl, combine apple butter, milk, margarine and egg whites until well blended.
4. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Fill muffin cups almost full with batter.
6. Prepare streusel topping (see below); sprinkle evenly over batter, patting gently.
7. Bake mini-muffins for 12 to 15 minutes, and larger muffins for 20 to 22 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Serve warm.
In small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix until well blended.