Instructions:1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. In hot water, melt shortening.
3. Add evaporated milk, sugar and salt.
4. Stir in lemon juice, egg and nutmeg.
5. Cool until lukewarm, add yeast.
6. Add flour, a cup at a time, beating well. Dough should not be stiff but not thin.
7. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
8. Turn onto floured surface and pat with fingers to 1/4-inch thickness.
9. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
10. Mix cinnamon and sugar in small bag, to your taste. Set aside.
11. Cut into any shape, or with a cutter 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.
12. Stretch so center is thinner.
13. Deep fat fry until golden brown.
14. Set on brown paper bag for a minute, to remove excess oil.
15. Place Fastnacht in a bag with cinnamon and sugar.
16. Shake bag until Fastnacht is lightly coated.