Hot Eggs and Shredded Vegetable Salad Recipe
Instructions:1. Soak the vermicelli; warm water for 30 minutes, drain and cut into 2 inch lengths (use scissors).
2. Soak the mushrooms for 30 minutes, discard stems and slice thinly.
3. Make egg pancakes by beating together the egg mixture.
4. Heat oil over moderate heat.
5. Pour in half of the egg mixture and tilt pan to spreadh the egg evenly over the bottom.
6. It should be crepe thin.
7. Cook 30 seconds, turn and cook for 15 more seconds.
8. Repeat with rest of mixture.
9. Cool and slice into thin strips.
10. Toss the sesame seeds in a dry pan over moderate heat. Stir constantly until golden brown. Set aside.
11. Combine the garlic, salt, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
12. Bring a sauce pan of salted water to a boil and put in the noodles, snow peas, bamboo shoots and mushrooms.
13. Cook for 30 minutes.
14. Drain into a colander and run under cold water. Dry and set aside.
15. Mix the carrots, daikon, cucumber, bell peppers, celery and red onion in a bowl and sprinkle on some salt.
16. Toss well and let stand for 30 minutes.
17. Rinse the salt off and squeeze the vegetables dry by hand with paper towels.
18. Add sesame seeds.
19. combine all the shredded vegetables with blanched vegetables in a large bowl.
20. Sprinkle the sauce over the mixture.
21. Toss well.
22. Transfer to a large serving platter.
23. Sprinkle with black pepper and garnish with egg pancake strips, cilantro sprigs and ground peanuts.