Easy Kolache Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine flour, yeast and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine milk, butter, sugar, and salt.
3. Heat to warm.
4. Add to dry ingredients.
5. Add eggs and lemon peel.
6. Beat at low speed for a minute, go to high on mixer, beat 3 more minutes.
7. By hand stir in 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 cups flour.
8. Knead until smooth.
9. Shape into ball.
10. Place in greased bowl.
11. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double.
12. Punch down and divide in half.
13. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
14. Shape each half into 9 balls.
15. Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
16. Flatten to 3 1/2-inch circles.
17. Cover, let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
18. Make depression in the center.
19. Fill with filling.
20. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes.