Easy English Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Put shortening, salt and sugar in large bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over all and stir until shortening melts.
3. Let cool to lukewarm.
4. Sprinkle yeast over this; stir to dissolve; let stand until mixture begins to bubble.
5. Add flour and beat.
6. Roll out on floured board to about 3/8-inch thickness.
7. Cut with round cutter.
8. Sprinkle cookie sheets with cornmeal.
9. Set muffins on these, fairly far apart.
10. Let rise to double in bulk.
11. Set griddle or electric frypan to 350 F.
12. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
13. Put muffins, rounded side down, on griddle and bake for 7 minutes.
14. Turn and bake for 7 minutes on the other side.
15. Split with fork, and toast or spread with butter and put under broiler until butter bubbles.